News: 1up Discord VOIP
Invite Code: https://discord.gg/VPv9JhP

Author Topic: DUDES! I Got into FFXIV BETA!  (Read 1661 times)

Offline RedRumOnE

• ____Asylum____
  • I am an island
  • Since: 04/09/2010
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • Youtube's channel
DUDES! I Got into FFXIV BETA!
« on: April 10, 2013, 08:12:24 AM »
==========
This e-mail has been sent to the registered e-mail address of a Square Enix account holder who has applied to become a beta tester for FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn. Please disregard this e-mail if you do not recall submitting an application.
==========

Thank you for your interest in FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn! It is our pleasure to inform you that you have been selected for the role of Beta Tester. Be sure to read over this e-mail thoroughly and we look forward to your assistance during the testing process.

« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 09:14:39 AM by RedRumOnE[1up] »

“The whole value of solitude depends upon one's self; it may be a sanctuary or a prison, a haven of repose or a place of punishment, a heaven or a hell, as we ourselves make it”

Offline Premium[1upZ]

• *[1upZ] Zombie
  • ùùùùùùùùù
  • Since: 27/06/2012
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: DUDES! I Got into FFXIV BETA!
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2013, 09:01:58 AM »
Lol
Good job ;)
~Signature~

Offline RedRumOnE

• ____Asylum____
  • I am an island
    • Youtube's channel
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2013, 09:23:22 AM »
Ive been looking forward to this like crazy.

“The whole value of solitude depends upon one's self; it may be a sanctuary or a prison, a haven of repose or a place of punishment, a heaven or a hell, as we ourselves make it”

Offline Cope57[1up]

• adept GIMP user
  • *[1up] Dev Team
  • [1up] Global Mod
  • [1up] Decision Panel
  • INTJ
  • Since: 03/10/2011
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • Youtube's channel
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2013, 01:33:36 PM »

To think that some individuals are lucky enough to get paid to play video games and provide feedback is a job many gamers wish they had.

I was never paid to beta test Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8, but I did create a form which I use to provide feedback to Microsoft so that they may consider some of the changes I submitted.  The biggest plus I had was that I was able to use the products before the official release time.  I was able to have Windows 8 developer preview from August 2011 - January 2013 which was pretty cool.  Right now they are asking me to beta test some VMware and Windows Azure software, but I just do not have the time any more.

OK, back on topic...
The better information you provide when beta testing will allow you better opportunities to beta test again.  If you blogged about your beta testing experience you may even end up being recognized as one that provides good reviews, and possibly get offered to receive payment for such reviews.

Game on!

Computers do not have problems, they have users

Offline CuttyFlam[1up]

• *[1up] Server Referee
  • '
  • Since: 14/08/2010
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2013, 04:15:02 PM »
You should create a channel on youtube doing all beta-tests experiences on games

Offline Fusion[1upZ]

• *[1up] Member
  • [1upZ] Zombie
  • For every task, there's a perfect tool
  • Since: 31/10/2011
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • Dem Cupcakes bro
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2013, 04:23:44 PM »
*Fusion is filling up with envy*

-Fighting without hope is no way to live, its just another way to die
-Insert inspirational comment here
Free Cupcakes

Offline RedRumOnE

• ____Asylum____
  • I am an island
    • Youtube's channel
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2013, 05:46:28 PM »

To think that some individuals are lucky enough to get paid to play video games and provide feedback is a job many gamers wish they had.

I was never paid to beta test Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8, but I did create a form which I use to provide feedback to Microsoft so that they may consider some of the changes I submitted.  The biggest plus I had was that I was able to use the products before the official release time.  I was able to have Windows 8 developer preview from August 2011 - January 2013 which was pretty cool.  Right now they are asking me to beta test some VMware and Windows Azure software, but I just do not have the time any more.

OK, back on topic...
The better information you provide when beta testing will allow you better opportunities to beta test again.  If you blogged about your beta testing experience you may even end up being recognized as one that provides good reviews, and possibly get offered to receive payment for such reviews.

Game on!

Thanks for the vid+advice Cope.