News: 1up Discord VOIP
Invite Code: https://discord.gg/VPv9JhP

Author Topic: Trippy idea?  (Read 819 times)

Offline Casper

• Can't shoot what you cant see :D
  • Since: 23/04/2010
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Trippy idea?
« on: December 20, 2010, 07:36:25 PM »
Hey guys! its been a while, lol. i need someones opinion! i was thinking about 3d cubic space, and hexagonal tiles, and i discovered they can represent each other. both use 3 dimensions, and whatever the adjacent sections are have the same coordinates. I was actually playing with that old game "HeroScape" when i thought of this. which brings up that 2d hexagonal tiles can incorprate height, like heroscape does. assuming that 3d space and hexagonal tiles are interchangeable, does this mean that theres a whole other dimension we havent traveled in?
Btw, i post this here, because its the only forum i kept an account on. haha. none of my friends knew what i was talking about :p
im sorry if i posted this in the wrong place, i wasnt too sure where to put it

Offline Flame[1up]

• *[1up] App Staff
  • [1up] Global Mod
  • [1up] Decision Panel
  • [1up] Dev Team
  • [1up] UrT Admin
  • Life is that one thing that will never make sense.
  • Since: 19/03/2010
Re: Trippy idea?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2010, 07:55:02 PM »
good point, still dont see how that could lead to another dimension though,  :|
yes the hexagonal images can be 3d but i dont see how that leads to a 4rth dimension ?

Offline Casper

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2010, 08:28:16 PM »
Haha, im half asleep, so its completely possible i explained that atrociously :p
hexagonal tiles can have height, too. google "heroscape map" to see what made me think that :p
anyway, if you can turn hexagonal tiles into a 3d space representative, it would have to handle height somehow. which would mean there has to be a 4th dimension we dont see

Offline Zoro

• Zoro
  • Since: 15/11/2010
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2010, 08:39:40 PM »
Haha, im half asleep, so its completely possible i explained that atrociously :p
hexagonal tiles can have height, too. google "heroscape map" to see what made me think that :p
anyway, if you can turn hexagonal tiles into a 3d space representative, it would have to handle height somehow. which would mean there has to be a 4th dimension we dont see
I dare you to write it on a scientific forum ( or something) and u would probably get a 10 paragraph explabnation on how your wrong lololoolol

Offline Casper

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2010, 08:50:07 PM »
Lmao, probably. actually, thinking about it, this little anomaly just comes from how we organize where something is. the basic x y and z show somethings location in the least possible numbers. x and y could show where locations are on a hexagonal tile map, just without every space being occupied. haha. its just kinda interesting that 3d space can be simulated on a 2d plane

Offline PowerMaid

• Since: 06/02/2010
    • A Games Industries
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2011, 08:20:08 PM »
Ugh. You sound like my friend.
"I can make 1 divided by 1 = 0, put it in a mass email, make the world freak out and send us into a post apocalyptic way of life."

However, I do understand it. And yes, there could very well be multiple dimensions based on a hexagonal multiplatform grid.

Offline SnKMaddog

• *Friend of 1up
  • Capitalist Pig
  • Since: 11/11/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2011, 09:27:19 PM »
Three dimensions means this (or at least this is the best explanation I can come up with):

We can see width and height.  We don't actually see depth, but we comprehend it.  If this is indeed an accurate explanation, how does your theory make sense?  Wouldn't that still be three dimensions?

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
-Ronald Reagan

No nation ever taxed itself into prosperity.
-Rush Limbaugh