News: 1up Discord VOIP
Invite Code: https://discord.gg/VPv9JhP

Poll

How many Frames per second do you get in Urban Terror?

Less than  30
5 (10.9%)
30 to 60
9 (19.6%)
60 to 80
7 (15.2%)
80 to 100
12 (26.1%)
125 all the time
13 (28.3%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Author Topic: Urban Terror Performance Poll  (Read 3759 times)

Offline Cuomo

• =]
  • Since: 04/12/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Urban Terror Performance Poll
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2010, 01:52:54 AM »
technically human eyes can only see up to 60 fps... so anything past is just placebo or the fact that your graphics card can handle extra effects, making your frames appear clearer. On the other hand, jumping is maximized by like... 2 pixels or something if you have 125 fps.
Soo yeah I go from about 55-60 except when i play on Spray N Pray, which is almost never. The combination of 100 people that move around aimlessly and throw smokes at teammates and wonder why they arent exploding ironically explodes my framerate.
Btw munch, it doesnt matter if your fps is at 25. If it stays at 24-26 it won't affect you. If you can get 125 half the time and the other half you get 40, you'll feel like 40 is running mac OS 9 and your left mouse button doesn't work. Set your maxfps to 70. =)

Offline GoogleIt

• on my way
  • Since: 14/09/2009
    • Facebook
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2010, 02:03:41 AM »
technically human eyes can only see up to 60 fps... so anything past is just placebo or the fact that your graphics card can handle extra effects, making your frames appear clearer. On the other hand, jumping is maximized by like... 2 pixels or something if you have 125 fps.
Soo yeah I go from about 55-60 except when i play on Spray N Pray, which is almost never. The combination of 100 people that move around aimlessly and throw smokes at teammates and wonder why they arent exploding ironically explodes my framerate.
Btw munch, it doesnt matter if your fps is at 25. If it stays at 24-26 it won't affect you. If you can get 125 half the time and the other half you get 40, you'll feel like 40 is running mac OS 9 and your left mouse button doesn't work. Set your maxfps to 70. =)

Actually...I think we can only see up to 30 fps.
--SnKGoogleIt

- I will always walk beside you. Never in front. Never behind. -

www.emilypoeproject.com

Offline aravir

• Since: 01/12/2009
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2010, 02:22:00 AM »

Offline Dc-)af

• Since: 06/07/2010
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2010, 05:07:50 PM »
Mine runs about 85-95 in a game with lots of people. If im in a server with less than 5 people or im playing a jump map its always 120-130

Edit: hmmm...you guys aren't against grave digging are you?  ???

Offline SnKMaddog

• *Friend of 1up
  • Capitalist Pig
  • Since: 11/11/2009
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2010, 05:51:42 PM »
I'm usually between 100 and 125.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
-Ronald Reagan

No nation ever taxed itself into prosperity.
-Rush Limbaugh

Offline White^lynx

• meoow
  • Since: 09/09/2009
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2010, 06:21:04 PM »
I maxed my FPS to 30 so  i dont get to much of a drop whenever im shooting.

Look how people treat their inferiors, not their superiors.

Offline beautiful Nihilist

• tripping the Light Fantastic
  • Since: 29/03/2010
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2010, 11:37:52 PM »
I get about 25 and drop to 15 and below once someone moves.
Trees and the grass in Granja drop it to 4 or less. Granja's funny: as long as I don't look at 1/4 of the map I can stay at 17-25, but once that grass around the barn comes on screen I drop hard and get black bars.

Riyadh and some others stay pretty well between 20-35 until someone throws smoke, but any map with a tree kills it.

I'm on a [de]Celeron 2.6 800FSB and 512 RDRAM.

Processor bottleneck to the max.

http://www.gamearena.com.au/forums/Urban-Terror/viewtopic.php?t=143808

I've turned the settings so ridiculously low It doesn't look like people I'm shooting at.

r_subdivisions   <-----
Mine is at 500 [4] and that made a HUGE difference with absolutely no change in visuals.
[EDIT: Apparently it's capped at '4'; once you connect to a server it drops back down. I think a while back I was able to do it on my own and just assumed it stayed.]

And that Floyd map is pretty and all, but I can't get over 10 FPS with the worst mouse lag of any map.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 04:38:40 PM by beautiful Nihilist »

Offline ColdBlooded

• newb status since 1994
  • Since: 02/06/2010
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2010, 03:44:48 AM »
it really depends on what map and how many players ...

same here with me
Making a new start! :)

Offline Thriller

• No ones guna save you when I'm just about to stike
  • Since: 05/06/2010
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2010, 02:27:34 PM »

Actually...I think we can only see up to 30 fps.

In a a picture that flickers from black to white, we can see see it flicker at anything below 30, but the speed in which the 2 images seem to fuse and make gray is 60 FPS. It's hard to say whether it makes a difforence to our eyes if you get 60 as apposed to 30, but I know it all feels to run smoother with 60 as apposed to 30. (Kudos to Wiki for the info. :)
This isn't my signature. It's just something I put at the end of every post.

Offline KD197

• Since: 20/06/2010
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2010, 08:20:05 AM »
but any map with a tree kills it.
I'm on a [de]Celeron 2.6 800FSB and 512 RDRAM.

SEE?! the enviro-mentalists are HYPOCRITES! we may kill trees, but that is only in a valiant effort to save innocent frames!
also, [de]Celeron made me lol  :P

i get 126fps. i don't know how, but it flickers between 125 and 126 all the time.
lowest ive got is 80fps when the cpu was underclocked from 2.8 down to 1.6 jiggahurtz and i was on one of those 45 slot servers with near capacity.

Not-so-1337-hax0rz: awsdgiaygveiujgfahiy, killer, [K1L]ShAd0W[GER], [51]Usage (impersonator), 1Lexa8, Redeye, sid, ASTROKILLA, bar, mody, [R:K]BatistaBomB, revenger, [58f]gojan, imaidiot, [DOA]Arik, sn4k3, Broajer, HACKER, DDMX, dopey

"yeah, I googled "mod reveal 67" to find out what it does and the top links were from 1up" - SlimPickins[1up]

« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2010, 04:47:18 PM »
Regarding max FPS settings:

http://www.www0.org/w/Networking,_lag_meter,_and_gaming_consistency_guide_to_Urban_Terror#cl_maxpackets_and_FPS

The whole page is wonderful, but this section deals with important points regarding the best data you can send to the server and why it is governed by your maxFPS setting.

Offline KD197

« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2010, 07:10:46 PM »
wow... that kinda blew my mind a little, as maths at midnight when under the influence of vodka isnt recommended  :D
seems to me (excuse me if im wrong) that the tl;dr is if you can sustain 125fps all the time, set your cl_maxpackets to 42 and that's the optimum setup?

also i noted something else you said about m_pitch and m_yaw in another thread (i was investigating you after seeing some crazy stuff on ctf... my apologies for suspecting you, it would appear my suspicion was misplaced  :-[ ) and that "jumping" over people's heads at long distance is something i've experienced, but just assumed it was down to bad mousing :P

you should write a hardware guide or something  :)

Not-so-1337-hax0rz: awsdgiaygveiujgfahiy, killer, [K1L]ShAd0W[GER], [51]Usage (impersonator), 1Lexa8, Redeye, sid, ASTROKILLA, bar, mody, [R:K]BatistaBomB, revenger, [58f]gojan, imaidiot, [DOA]Arik, sn4k3, Broajer, HACKER, DDMX, dopey

"yeah, I googled "mod reveal 67" to find out what it does and the top links were from 1up" - SlimPickins[1up]

« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2010, 07:33:10 PM »
Mitsubishi already did on the UrbanTerror.info main forums. He's written several and they're all not only brilliant and specific, but also explain in great detail how-and-why to set your settings.

I just share what I've tried [from what he's written] and what I've found that actually WORKS.
He's also made some optimized ioUrbanTerror.exe's for newer machines and iKalIzer builds that'll make you not want to leave the house ever again. And they're all totally legal and held on the UrbanTerror main forum in a constantly updated, continuous discussion.

tl;dr

http://forums.urbanterror.info/user/8176-mitsubishi/   <---Just follow this guy around and you can't help but learn something

Find some badass clans with funny *'s or {/X's or AlTeRnAtInGcApItOl letters in there names and mine their forums. Generally, the more populated with intolerable pricks the more valuable insights only full-blown UrT junkies can offer.

Offline KD197

« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2010, 07:42:10 PM »
I didn't even know about iKalizer until you mentioned it... unfortunately no love for Linux yet :(
Also means optimised .exe's are out the window for me...
Fortunately I'm not at such a competitive level so these things aren't warranted for someone of my skill (or lack thereof lol)

AlTeRnAtInGcApItOl letters are just annoying and makes me think the clan/player is about 12 years old... and it sounds like you've come across more than your fair share of "intolerable pricks"  :D

Offline rondonboy

• Just you're typical Australian
  • Since: 25/09/2009
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2010, 01:59:16 AM »
I get 30-60 on lappy and sometimes below on the lappy , but on the computer i get over 60. So i just went with 30-60.